Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Remembering 'Never again' again

Today is the 11th anniversary of the beginning of the Rwandan genocide during which at least 800,000 people were murdered. It was one of the world's worst atrocities of the century and certainly the worst to be covered during the age of cable news television. It occured a year, almost to the week, after politicians and dignitaries in Washington solemnly promised 'Never again' while inaugurating the Holocaust Memorial Museum.


For more information, I wrote a long series of essays on the occasion of the 10th anniversary last year. The last of which can be found here (you can access previous posts from there... and I'm aware that some of the photos don't appear properly).

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger TheMalau said...

Thank you for remembering. I feel quite an inadequate blogger, as I do not think I would be able to do such long analysis of the conflict as you did. I will try to read them all, and get back to you (by the way your link doesn't work).
In the mean time, please find here a post that I wrote today about my personal experience in Rwanda.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Malau, I've fixed the link. Thanks for point it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home